Many of the COVID-19-related social distancing measures in Downtown LA, Los Angeles, and California still remain in effect as City and Los Angeles beginning to re-open their businesses and economies.
Today many things are known about the COVID-19 virus. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). It happens usually through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms. Additionally, COVID-19 virus presents a number of challenges from dental care perspective due to large amount of aerosol being produced during many dental treatments.
During these difficult times we are under tremendous pressures to balance providing dental care to those who need it with adequately protecting our staff and our patients. This is why we have decided to re-open our DTLA dental office for emergency essential care only with limited schedule and subject to CDC/ADA-recommended social distancing and enhanced safety procedures until further notice. We also have invested in additional equipment and personal protection equipment to make treatment and office visit safer for both patients and our staff.
This is what this means for you:
- Our office will be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM by appointment only.
- We will reserve limited time slots for existing and new patients who are serious about their appointment and can come to the office on time. Please wear a mask.
- You need to be healthy to be treated. If you have any symptoms such as persistent fever, dry cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, or a general feeling of being unwell, please do not come and cancel your appointment. We will take your temperature prior to taking you to the operatory.
- You will be required to complete and sign COVID-19 questionnaire form and other forms prior to your appointment. Please bring your own pen for your protection.
- For efficiency and safety we encourage you to complete all required forms online.
- Emergency dental care is defined by ADA as treatment of conditions requiring immediate attention to relieve pain, infection, and limited range of motion/opening. For guidelines on dental emergency/non-emergency care during coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency please visit ADA website.
Unfortunately, as many other Los Angeles dentists and other healthcare providers in these uncertain times, we are in dire need of PPE, including n95 masks, surgical masks, disposable gowns, and nitrile gloves. We have contacted many manufactures and placed orders at incredibly inflated prices, but we are still to receive the shipments. Any donations of PPE supplies will be graciously accepted. Please email us at if you are able to help.
You can learn more about how to protect yourself and your family or what you should do if you feel sick by visiting CDC, CDPH, and LA County coronavirus emergency websites.
To make an emergency/essential services appointment, please call us at 213-486-0006 or make your appointment online.